It's worth noting what is going on in Colorado these days; it's so easy to get caught up in philosophy and problems and the physical.
Last night at a bar, we looked at a handful of women together. She thought that the one just a few seats down was cute, and I told her that this girl was not cute. The girl smiled and laughed but she needed nothing with me and I needed nothing with her. Another girl, with the haircut, looked cute to me but at the end of the night went home with a Jante. She said to me, "sometimes, I wonder why you even find me attractive." It's so obvious to me. It takes no thought at all. I am completely astounded at your beauty. I want nothing else when I can have you. I see the girls that I would have been attracted to, and I can immediately see their physical faults. It's so obvious to me now.
I realized that I have been somewhat quick to make this same judgment of others, for others. There was a time in my life where I longed for others' approval. For me, that time has passed.
There can be a problem when you feel a need to live your life so that others approve. There can be a problem when you want others to understand why you do something and when you want them to commend you for making that move. You want them to tell you, "I would definitely do that, to. I would hit that. I would definitely hit that." The problem can come when you want them to say that but they don't.
Attraction and what it means is not written about or spoken about very frequently, in it's pure form. Attraction is unstoppable. Attraction is palpable. Attraction does not require others' approval. Attraction does not require others' agreement.
I understand attraction and I understand what it means and what it does to me. I haven't needed to write about it because I seek no one's approval and no one's agreement. But I think it is worth acknowledging that attraction is beyond a person's control and attraction is.
Saturday, March 5, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Indeed. Approval could never impart its influence in matters of attraction. Nevertheless the leaflets of propaganda and distributed.
ReplyDeleteThe forest is fast and furious these days. 2011 will be a stellar year. Who knows if there is 11/11. Does the goal matter perhaps. One must account.
My violent torpedo of truth tour. Better than earthquakes and arab uprisings. Just listen to this:
ReplyDelete"Will he be accompanied by his army of assassins -- or his goddesses? Will he find a tuxedo that fits his chest and biceps for the occasion? Will he come prepared with his fire-breathing fists?
This IS where you will hear the REAL story from the Warlock. Bring it. I dare you to keep up with me."
Just $35 for tickets.
It will be the greatest speaking tour since Kinski went through Germany calling himself jesus christ. It will be that good.
I'll take 4 tickets. I'd like to sit up front, but only if the wenches are bringing the whiskey to the audience members.
ReplyDelete