Sunday, July 3, 2011

Amounted

Today I slept in until nine o clock. I read the newspaper. I drank a gallon of coffee, and I edited photos while I listened to music. I danced to the music and I had a beer at a quarter to twelve. By one o clock I was headed out to do some shopping. I looked at dozens of items. We found the color we liked, and we started looking for chairs for our home. The most important quality was comfort. According to Carolyn, the right one would be one that she would be able to fall asleep in. We found two chairs. We bargained for a better price, and we did get one. I may have figured out the scheme that they were employing in general. It was to include a small, indispensable item with an extremely high margin with every purchase. Think five hundred percent. I believe we paid fifteen to twenty-five percent, over cost for the items we purchased, in total. I used to sell things every day at a one hundred percent margin, so to me, this was acceptable. They provided us with an opportunity to try the best there is. After we committed to buy the items by paying, we left, knowing that we would return shortly with my pickup to pick the things up. It rained and we saw the aftermath of a recent car accident. The people seemed to be ok. We put the chairs in my pickup and we drove them home. We unloaded them together and we put them in the living room. It rained. We watched comedy, and then I left to go to the baseball game. It was bright at the game. The light basically cooperated with me and I got some nice images. I rode the train to and from and it subjected me to to extra interaction with other people. I mostly kept to myself, though. I had talked enough, because I had been chatting with another photographer named Chris. We mostly talked about shooting baseball. The light basically cooperated. I left before the fireworks, after eight full innings. The home team had this one in hand. They did win. I made it home and wrestled with the digital versatile disk player, and I, battled over an episode of Dexter season three. I ended up watching the episode, after turning over forty two images from the baseball game, all of which I shot through my f two point eight, three hundred millimeter, Nikon lens on a digital Nikon d three hundred s. I was pleased with the sun. I remember now that there are images that I liked that I had not turned in. I'll turn them in tomorrow. Now, it is time for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment