Thursday, June 21, 2012

Artist

It's sucked our ability to make art, these fucking cameras and phones. It's fucked our desire to make something new, these goddamn computer applications. Its wasted our time that we should have used making works of art. Instead we lazily publish somehting that looks liek art but instead is a desperate cry for attention and validation. Our lazy creations are validated for reasons other than true appreciation. They are thumbsed-up and liked by peoples' thumbs but they are not really looked at. I'm lucky that there are a couple or few people who are creating new, original works. I know where to watch for these works. When the works are published or exposed, I pay close attention. To do right in this new era, would be to do something well rather than haphazardly. To do something intentionally and well. The iphone camera application instagram made it better by making it irrelevent about the #s of followers and the #s of likes and loves, mostly. But those things are still around. The apps seek a perfect balance between bohemian and friendcounts and thumbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment