Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Shit I watched the other day

310) The other morning, the day after the snow, I rode the train to work. I wore my crocs boots. I caught the 9:33 H train. It was less crowded since there weren't dozens of students on board. There were students, but not as many as normal. A black woman in her forties wore a wedding ring with a pretty decent-sized rock, but the ring wasn't impressive, because she wasn't attractive. She was heavier and had really short hair, and wore sunglasses over her reading glasses, and even though the setup was pretty solid, it did not look good; it was not aesthetic. She read a book called "The Cat Who Talked to Ghosts."

311) After lunch at Cheba Hut, I walked back to work in my boots in the sun. There had been a fire alarm in the building with the Aveda and the jason's Deli, and the TJ Maxx, and the old Wolf Camera. The Aveda girls are always headed over there. The fire alarm had displaced all the Aveda girls. One Aveda Girl was earning her keep that day, or her client was in a hurry. She cut her client's hair, both of the women standing up, in the median of the 16th street mall. I think the client must have been in a hurry.

312) A dude on the train talked about a female friend who had just landed a new job. The young man described her new workplace. Breakfast was provided for free by a professional chef; it had breakrooms where the workers could take naps; there was free candy everywhere. He was envious of this. As I climbed the stairs from the platform, I took a quick set of detailed notes about what I had just seen.

313) A black brotha on the train played a video game on his blackberry-looking excuse for a smartphone. His faux diamond earrings were big and proudly-hung on his ears. He played a game that sounded like one of those rythmic fish wooden instruments with the drumstick. Loud. Turned up full volume. Every time something happened in the game he simply cussed: "FUCK!" loud as fuck, but barely louder than the speakers on his phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment