I poured myself a glass of french whiskey. The whiskey had a cork and also had "tasting notes" tag that was strung around the neck. The whiskey is damned good and I'm on my third glass of the evening.
I sat down at my computer tried to play the Fugazi song "KYEO" but it wouldn't play. Something about authorizing a computer to play it. Seemed ironic. I de-authorized all computers then I signed in on this computer. The song now plays.
I read of the struggles from south america and the north american struggles in the far north. These struggles and ironies indeed inspire. This is good because ther has been no inspiration lately. Earlier I thought, and I conceived that maybe I've already given up on "living" and am now content to just look back on the living I've already done. I don't believe that my journey is over, but I don't think I'm making anything that will last right now. I think of all this money and how it might be "good" then I realize that all that more money does is make you need the money even more. I still refuse but I must become more vigilant.
Some additional ironies of this fine Monday: 1) the cleaners cleaned my keyboard and it now glistens beautiful apple whiteness with sleek aluminum. 2) Carolyn called the cleaners "my people" when she didn't know where they had stashed her basil thermometer. 3) The CEO and her picture taking on the docks 4) the sandy roads of brazil and the kindness of the people who use them 5) the article I read in a 5-week old copy of the new york times about the rich women and how they seek to change our national vocabulary to allow for a broader definition of "success" and how this idea really only even makes any sense when you have the resources to see it that way. 6) Henry Rollins is finally getting his own baseball card. Fuck yeah.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
If I can add to the ironies:
ReplyDelete1) One bottle of beer from Oregon here costs $7. I almost bit.
2) One bottle of Jack Daniels, $50.
3) One liter of good local beer, $2
4) One bottle of good local firewater, $10.
Working on getting Hank out here.