353) Ten and 15 years ago, my tools for making art were limited and cheap and of poor quality, and I did my very best artistic and inspired work then. Today I have very great tools and I make nothing of any lasting artistic value.
354) Good, meaningful aphorisms do not come to he who sits.
355) The rhythm of things, music and patterns, along with routine and discipline, are a muse. People and their humanity are of great interest. I wrote an essay today on the barista, and I stand by my remarks. (1)
356) I read tonight that the people who spend the most money trying to appear rich, are those who are not quite rich. Then, the next tier above them, spend money to make more money, or spend money to free up time. The truly rich do not do any quantifiable or observable particular thing with their money, they just live free.
357) We put our son to bed each night with a playlist from a favorite band of his mother. I'm listening to that playlist now, and I think it's wonderful.
-----------------------------------------------
(1) Today I wrote an essay, in the style of a fourth-grade homework assignment, on the barista when I got to the office.
Coffee baristas these days have more problems than they used to. First, there is every bitter middle aged man who buys their coffee and is unhappy with the level of the coffee at the top of the cup and must therefore pour out hot liquid into the trash can, many times missing the hole and creating a hot mess for the barista. Second, there are the scam artists counterfeiters using probably fake $100 notes to pay for $2.27 in coffee, effectively getting free coffee and free stack of real money in exchange for their counterfeit note. Finally, there are the "ghetto latte" drinkers who use approximately 20% of the 1/2 & 1/2 with each beverage they buy, forcing the barista to constantly refill the aluminum receptacles. Life is weird for today's coffee baristas.
This essay was published immediately and to rave reviews.
Wednesday, November 13, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment