Tuesday, December 31, 2013

4130.2014

358) This past year involved the following: a mere 275 miles of running , and a mere 157 miles cycling (both figures inexcusably low). I weigh 164.0 pounds after today's glorious ride into the westward wind into Golden. Tomorrow, I begin the year as I did last year with great plans to run and ride more, indeed, much more. When I had my summer of record running and cycling results, I weighed less than 150 pounds.

359) This past year, I shot something like 20,000 pictures "personal" in nature, which were edited down to something like 2,000 "edits." I watch a slide show of these pictures as I listen to music.

360) I finished reading exactly one book in 2013, well, I don't think that's true, but it felt like I finished only one book.

361) I do fear that these facts are evidence that I have been distracted from the project. I had a good year, verily, with progress made in other areas; I am extremely happy at home and my family is great and I have no marital issues and I am a good father and I am good to people and I still haven't lost my potential. However, time is passing and every day that goes by is one less day I have in my future. But, the days get better and better in many ways, and I have not completely lost track of the things that are important to me.

362) This will be something like my 42nd post of 2013. I write a post very nearly every time something strikes me as important.

363) The construction is magnificent if slow-going! We are building a castle of our own on south washington street.

364) I just realized that I will need to go downstairs and move my motorcycle from space #6. The elevator in the building is not working. I told them about the problems with the elevator a month ago or so. It was obvious that it was going to fail, but they waited until it actually did fail to do anything about it. We will give 30 days notice that we intend to move out of this place on January 9.

365) Inspiration comes from the south and the north. What impressive things are being done! What wisdom is being gained, experiences and memories to cherish, and perspectives otherwise impossible to develop! So fucking great. Keep it up, men, and thank you for sharing. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment