Thursday, September 17, 2015
Pre-lap meal: Pizza, PBR, and a scoop of vanilla ice cream
Another night, another painful lap. But that wasn't all that the after-work time gave me yesterday. I darted out of the office at 5:00 because the toddler had requested to ride his bike home. I was also warned that he had taken his large stuffed dog to school. But I wanted to accommodate his ride home so I raced traffic on south broadway so I would get to my house in time to retrieve my bicycle and his from the garage and race to his day care facility in time for the 6:00 pm deadline to pick him up, which I did easily. The woman, Carrie, who used to be a pregnant roommate of Erin now has a 4 year old girl in the toddler's class - I saw her again but this time she did not seem to be in a good mood. The first time we spoke she was in a good mood and re-introduced herself to me and I recognized her but could not really place her, but now I remember. So we got on our bikes and we rode home and the toddler noted how it wasn't quite downhill the trip home but he rode well and after getting home he decided he wanted to go out for pizza, which we did on the bikes and he was very well behaved and made friends the whole time, and only got difficult when we were nearly home and the sun was setting as his bed time approached.
Regarding:
life after work
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment