Wednesday, August 4, 2010

A series of images and short stories; an accounting of events leading from then to now

It is important to name and write about as (Leonard) many as I can. I appreciate all of them. It is now five minutes after midnight. The dishwasher is "running," but really, it is doing what it was designed to do, it is cleaning dishes. I am writing.

Earlier in my day I woke up, ate breakfast. "hiked" and played cards. Today, which is my favorite day of the Thanksgiving holiday (i.e. the day after), went by too fast.

So far this trip I have had NO water at all, why would I?

Really, today was a sweet-ass day. I slept in again, this time until 10:22 or so (editors note: do not let the implied precision fool you.) I woke up. John says "The breakfast is gone." Karen: "You missed the bacon." Irrelevant. Totally irrelevant and a complete waste.

Grandpa is having a great Thanksgiving. He is a badass. His voice is low and hoarse, like Clint Eastwood in Gran Torino. He is doing awesome. Earlier, Dan decided he'd take a shower right when we decided to do the picture. Bad timing, but when he was done, he told me "I've always wanted everyone in the family to wait on me" and that was all I needed to hear. Danny wore his hat for the picture and everyone was mad because I made it so their backs were to the sun for the photograph.

1 comment:

  1. The quality of the work being posted is reaching extraordinary levels.

    Only the feet, just the tip, eh? The ladies have some extraordinary figures, and their painted toes are no exceptions.

    The drowning lever: one must pull oneself from the water and pull this lever. It is thus one rescues oneself from drowning.

    The beauty in back of the glass of booze. Who is she? Her smile is super lemony cognac.

    I like Danny's choice for the photo.

    The Rastafarian man is quite impressive for his age.

    ReplyDelete