Thursday, September 1, 2011

Rumble rumble

Monday night I had a dream about a life not unlike this one. Carolyn was pregnant, at first. She gave birth to a large male boy. Rudy my grandfather was there. He was a little upset about something. I was there too early, or too late, or wasn't around enough, or maybe I was around too often, or maybe when I was around I annoyed him, not sure. But overall he was glad to have a great grandchild. I had held that kid. I had experienced a new high. When I held that kid I felt the greatest mixture my body could come up with for me and my enjoyment.

We can divorce ourselves from truths, and we do this frequently. We "like" things. No, we don't "like" things; rather, things allow us to realize a greater or better chemical balance in our own selves. Seeing a happy movie or a happy person makes us feel better about ourselves and our lives. Seeing a happy person or movie releases chemicals that make us feel good. We're good, then, we associate this feeling with what we've just seen.

This course of logic, of course, ends in a chemical pool; a mixture of hot green fluid that you die in. You need it, so you jump in, and you die.

No, it's ok to "like" things. My favorite thing is 4130. My next favorite thing is adventure. My last favorite thing is feeling a rush of great love and joy that comes on unexpectedly from music or a smile or beauty or from juxtoposition or from speed or from stillness, or from love.

We're not here to make the biggest or best thing, or to do the most or the least. Rather, we're here to find that chemical and work with it to help others find it. The purpose of philosophy, industry, economy, is to make this chemical available to the masses.

It doesn't matter what you believe. It matters that you believe.


1 comment:

  1. Moraline's early philosophy was the Spirit of Do Do. Do what you wanna do, when you wanna do it. It ain't what ya fatha do, it ain't what ya sista do, because when you look at what ya do, you gotta do the do do.

    I know this to be true, it is the myth of myths.

    ReplyDelete