Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Switch

229) I switch from beer to whiskey, to clear my head and allow the madness to come out.

230) For me, to pedal a bicycle up a hill is to find your weakness and your strength in the same place.

231) There is only one way to guarantee that you do not get dropped by another man on a climb, and that is to drop the other man yourself. "Hoping to hang on" until the best moment is futile.

232) On futility: Maximin said something very insightful on futility recently.

233) On the influence of our surroundings on what we think and what we create: everything we do, unless we CHOOSE to do differently, is a direct result, a foreseeable product, of those things that we observe. It is said frequently in accounting "junk in, junk out" and this is true in life as well. If your influences are of a low quality, without INTENT and ACTION, the result(s) of your life belong(s) in a garbage dumpster.

234) Sunday we rode and I shot photos. Monday I slept and felt sorry for myself. Tuesday I wore the belt in it's tightest setting again. Tuesday as I urinated I felt my fat waste hit my arms. There is strength and intent but it is mixed with laziness and lack of focus.

No comments:

Post a Comment