Thursday, February 6, 2014

How 'bout them Broncos?

375) Something is surely off right now with all of this, everything we're trying to do. People are letting us down, we're letting our self down, and god up above is just looking down and laughing, we hope.

376) I'm not one to complain. It's freezing outside, and I walk into the liquor store. "What do you have that's cold?" I ask the man behind the counter. "and how about those Broncos?". Earlier as I walked into the office I thought, what a beautiful day, as icicles formed in my nostrils and my beard froze.

377) At the house, nothing but problems. Earlier I counted five isolated instances that conspired to make us feel like it would never get finished. Now I count six: (i) Mark can't get along with one of his subs, who refuses to finish the siding. (ii) the clawfoot tub shows up with a cracked corner and is not accepted on delivery until repairs are made. (iii) after asking for a different finish on our doorknobs, the warehouse "never gets the fax" they were ordered on, and now, no doorknobs until next week (iv) our wood material for barn doors, beams, kitchen shelving, and elsewhere is drying in a kiln in Montana, but somehow can't be shipped to Denver on any particular day in the foreseeable future (v) the lighting place did not provide sufficient dowel rods for the foyer light, so those had to be ordered, and they needed to be order on the double, and shipped expeditiously. Instead, they were shipped regularly and now the electrician needs to come back yet another time. Inspections were originally scheduled for tomorrow will now need to be delayed. It's very cold outside and the house is "dryed in" but no complete area seems to be "finished" and it is getting annoying.

378) We must move out of this apartment by sunday. The cleaners tried to get me for $180 to do a final cleaning, but I say no way. I had to rent a u-haul van to store our stuff in while we wait for the house to be ready, and I get the truck to the apartment and I can't get the back door open. A man named Toby drove his truck over, emergency roadside-style, and bent some rails with his crowbar as his son watched from the front seat of his pickup. He was here two minutes earlier and he did not dissappoint me as many others have been lately.

379) not only have we lost the child we conceived, that child is forcing my wife to go for an "outpatient procedure." This is a full-on surgery, though I am trusting god to keep her safe and get her home to me and my son. I say often, and strongly feel, I would not trade my son for any two or three kids out there, he is that maniacal in his disposition and of incredibly high quality. But I do want to give him a young brother or sister and that is proving quite challenging.

380) All of these things will work out in an unbelievable, ironic, magnificent way.


1 comment:

  1. Man you remember that time in the snow during the night out there riding right through that very sky as God gave the nod, the wink, that lightening flash bolt?

    ReplyDelete