Saturday, March 8, 2014

Traffic is down

It snows a little outside. The snow is wet, and not really sticking to anything. It just makes it messy to go inside. I'm a little extra sensitive to the mud, etc., right now because the house is brand new. They didn't quite finish the project, not yet, but the builders are close. Tomorrow they'll "finish" everything inside besides the doors for two of our bathrooms, including the master bathroom, and the pantry, and our closet. Once the front window is fixed, and the light fixture replaced, and the touch up paint done, and the clean up completed, why, then we'll have the main floor done. There is still a little to do outside. But today might have been the biggest reveal. We stripped the construction cover out of the kitchen and off from most of the floors. You can finally see how the house will look, and indeed, it looks good.

I read a page out of Kereouc's book about being out on the road, and I loved something about the free form style (though I always love that and I always know that's what it is going to be) and I loved how the impromptu things are everything and there is nothing permanent Because the idea of "permanent" is perverted. Instead every interaction and every moment has meaning. The difference from one moment to the next is cause for celebrating both moments.

Tomorrow is another day and I am "on call" and I have work to do, but I expect it will be a beautiful day full of interaction and action.


1 comment:

  1. "The difference from one moment to the next is cause for celebrating both moments."

    ReplyDelete