381) I was born on the 101st day; a leap year spoiled any chance at me coming on the 100th day. I just figured that out now. Most years, this day is the 100th day.
382) A fine aphorism from today: A good bar and a good woman have much in common: They're always glad you came.
383) Completely confused by this combination of rap music ("fuck today") and this whiskey and weed. "Reefer madness" my wife would call it.
384) I took a trip to the greater Miami area, didn't make it outside of the gated hotel compound. The gates were guarded and I felt safe inside but realize I might have missed out on significant cultural experiences. I experienced no culture whatever, or very close to no culture. I felt indifference to the whole thing and I fell asleep at the bar once.
385) My bar is a nice part of my life. I may tell myself that it's where I go for sandwiches, but it's definitely my bar, too. I don't go out to bars after getting home, so instead I go in the middle of the day. I get more culture there than any other place I visit so regularly. Folks want to find common friends or good ideas there.
386) We picked the boy up together. He is behaving in school because you have to. I don't think they put up with nonsense at school. Kid gave me a big hug when he spotted me; before I got there he was sitting around the table with the teacher with the other 4 or so kids. He saw me, turned around and sprinted over and hugged me. His mom got the same treatment a few seconds later. We completed the naptime talk with the teacher (we asked that she not let him take such long naps sometimes, makes it harder for him to sleep all night - lets see if we can "effect" his sleep by shortening his naps some? should we be trying to do that? He doesn't yet understand training so maybe it's good). We came home and then spent some time outside, running over to the park. Then we came home and he insisted on getting ice cream. He had some pasta at home, I gave him a bath, read him two books and went through the good night ritual.
Thursday, April 10, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Uma boa vida, uma familia boa, uma vida delicia (como os Brasiliaros dizem).
ReplyDeleteNossa, Brasileiros, desculpe.
Delete