Friday, November 14, 2014

Work life balance

400) I can find beauty anywhere, which might mean I couldn't recognize beauty if it slizzapped me in the fizzace.

401) A work-bud says: "oh that guy seems smart" and I say "oh that guy seems dumb" and I realize it's a relativity thing. Neither one of us is right and definitely neither one of us is wrong.

402) The NSA stuff and the smartphone talk, and all that: Yeah, yeah, agree. Can't we all be fine by just keeping the good stuff to ourselves and not trying to show off? Also, if doing stuff that is "off the grid" just leave the smartphone with a trusted work-bud? So as not to raise suspicion by leaving it at home or at your desk or whatev.

403) There is this incredible spray mural on a wall we blast next to on the train. Today, I was like detained by the train and it was freezing out and we all were asked to get off this one train and then we all got on this other train, and it was weird, as it always is on the train, this time just a bit weirder. And so this time I raised my phone just in time, and I aimed it out the window trying to capture that perfect image of the spray painted mural "weirdos" with said weirdos, the train riding weirdos including your hymble narrater, and I tried to shoot that photo, and I almost got it, but for it being an overexposed 2 second video with the w cut off instead of being a brilliant work of art.


1 comment:

  1. There is also what cannot be brought out into the open, into the purview of the NSA and the State. Those are a man´s ¨hidden transcripts¨ as Scott has accurately labeled them (and re-affirmed by Maximin of Alaska).

    These hidden elements are what is most important, what is essetial, to a man; they express his emotional life, his connection with divinity--they are heady, big, difficult feelings about the world, best expressed in private, or with his family, or with those who share his feeling, perhaps as a most private art.

    The broader culture condemns these private moments. A man should no longer pray to gods, but rather express himself through his Facebook.

    Verily, we now have the autistic/computer man, perhaps as the evolutionary response to this secular world of sharing and liking.

    But do not believe for a momento that there are not hidden transcripts in the cities. They are there. They simply cannot be brought under the watchful eye of the broad powers of the State or Google. Try as they might to strip the ground from out under those who remain hidden and at work, the matrices (to use Maximin's term) cannot make autistics of us all.

    ReplyDelete