This is a story told primarily with pictures of how I turned a wad of cash into a unique heap of metal that looks good and drives good. I didn't hardly do shit except throw money around and have an idea what I wanted this truck to look like when finished. This story is not meant to enlighten or educate. It is just a story of turning money into metal.
I was on facebook one day when my cousin was showing off some new metal he had just picked up, and I made a comment. I let him know I also liked metal and he posted a link to a craigslist advertisement and I liked what I saw. I checked with my bride who said it would be cool if I spent a boatload of cash on this pretty sweet looking rig so we got some cash and waited for this dude to bring us the truck from Kansas City. I think he showed up on her birthday even.
From 10 or 15 feet away this truck the Elder looked pretty good. Lots of people have commented "man that thing was sweet why'd you go build it up different?" and I've always just explained how the thing was a polished turd with a decent paint job but the most rickety build you can imagine. Not fun to drive at all in any way and feeling like it's going to fall apart at any moment at any stop. Couple of times it failed to start after I parked it and that always sucked, trying to get home from my broken ass truck.
I was on facebook one day when my cousin was showing off some new metal he had just picked up, and I made a comment. I let him know I also liked metal and he posted a link to a craigslist advertisement and I liked what I saw. I checked with my bride who said it would be cool if I spent a boatload of cash on this pretty sweet looking rig so we got some cash and waited for this dude to bring us the truck from Kansas City. I think he showed up on her birthday even.
From 10 or 15 feet away this truck the Elder looked pretty good. Lots of people have commented "man that thing was sweet why'd you go build it up different?" and I've always just explained how the thing was a polished turd with a decent paint job but the most rickety build you can imagine. Not fun to drive at all in any way and feeling like it's going to fall apart at any moment at any stop. Couple of times it failed to start after I parked it and that always sucked, trying to get home from my broken ass truck.
No comments:
Post a Comment