Sunday, May 31, 2015

8 days

After a BMX injury to my knee derailed my plans to "get fit" over the middle weeks of May, I said fuck it, still went to dango for that goofy race against the train. The weather in colorado had been awful through april and may, raining all the time and dumping fresh snow in the hills. So we weren't even sure they'd do the race or whatever. But they did and it was a great day, my knee only hurt when I stood up, and I had an easy time getting through the mountains but I was slow - 4:01:35 according to my memory of what my phone said.


 Beginning of Molas Pass climb, northbound US HWY 550, May 23, 2015.

The snow on the ride was badass and some people did not enjoy themselves, but my opinion of the occasion was, that, without the damn event to participate in, there is no way any of us would have been up on that road and for that we should thank god or bog.

Sunday was like a fuck around in dango kind of day with all the crit races going through town. Little man thought he might participate in the kids race but then changed his mind and he hated the number plate so instead we went to a toy store. But then we watched the racers as they entered the bar steamworks and enjoyed ourselves and threw back a couple of cold ones. Very relaxing day.


Dawson with his game face before backing out of the race at the last minute with an undisclosed ailment.

 

A mountain bike racer slams a beer as he races through the bar. 

We came back to the big city on monday and it was a fun drive, because we stopped at breweries and distilleries and we moseyed across the state.

On tuesday morning my wife had set us up with some appointments to go talk fertility and it wasn't too bad an ordeal, they looked inside her and saw a bunch of eggs and we talked about what else we needed to do to have more kids or whatever and basically we just need some luck and general healthy and stress free lifestyles.

After that appointment I went out on another great bike ride across the city and up lookout mountain and it was difficult but felt nice, then I went to pick up my car since I had left it with a guy to have a stereo installed. It's nice and loud.

Wednesday I dropped that little car off for some work since it didn't pass emission testing and turns out that the previous owner - my buddy - had it tuned to be fast and included in his modifications was the removal of both catalytic converters from the car. So Leo's installed a pair of fresh ones, sapping some power but making the car slightly more legal. They also returned the piece they removed which is a 3" diameter racer boy muffler piece.

On thursday I went back to that doctor to give a sample of sperm for them to analyze and when I finished up in the room I came out and there was a very attractive nurse walking by and she gave me a little smile. Then I went into work. At 11:30 we left work to go play golf at some crazy golf course in golden, co with 7 co workers and we had a good time. I played my best golf game of my life and then we went out drinking, which continued until about 11 at night when I came home and got intimate with the wife. Since I had given my sperm sample earlier in the day I was now allowed to ejaculate again which i did.


My buddy greg hitting on the fairway at Fossil Trace Golf Club in Golden, CO on May 28, 2015. 

Friday I think was normal, except for the part after where I met carolyn for happy hour and her friend and she and I went to a strip club. Carolyn found the only black stripper in the bar, who was also the best looking stripper but was barely black, and after giving her a few $1 singles at a normal table carolyn procured me a private dance which I enjoyed and carolyn put her hands on that strippers boobs. Then we left and got dawson from day care where they had "parents' night out" and we said thank you and came home and had some wild sex. 

Saturday of course we went to the dirt jumps in boulder, had fun there for a few hours, then went and bought dawson a new bike complete with pedals and hand brakes. Brought him home and he napped in the car and as soon as he was fully awake we went outside and the little dude learned how to ride a real pedal bike. He got lots of cheers and had a lot of fun, except when he was trying to go uphill.


Dawson cruising up washington street on his new bike the day he learned to ride a bike with pedals, May 30, 2015. 

Today sunday, May 31, is the 8th day referenced in the title of this post. I got on my bike around 10 am and hauled ass to the top of lookout, took a picture of myself after a 1:52 effort getting up there, then turned around and gunned it back to the house in Denver. 50.4 miles in 3:19 and felt strong and there were more beautiful honies out today then I have seen in a million years. Riding, walking, on the back of motorcycles, getting coffee, driving, walking dogs, hanging out sunbathing, etc. And the legs felt good and I hit 135 or so total miles for the week and I thought back on the week and thought, maybe I'll write this one up.  

1 comment: