Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Flock of dipshits

422) I have no complaints about today; the title of the post came to me as I laughed, speeding on the highway, as the sun set, and the flocks of birds beautifully migrated south. A woman in an audi SUV and I both sped south on our own migration, 80 miles an hour. I smiled about the birds and I enjoyed the speed and the race and the moment.

423) My philosophy, ergo, The Rules I Live By, insists on "truths," (e.g., if you truly believe something, it causes it to be true, and other self-fulfilling prophesies). I decided today, that I must continue on this path of placing authority in the philosophy, of living by these insane ideas and valuing compliance with The Rules over money or power or "success" or whatever the fuck. I acknowledge today that this will cause a higher beta in the possible outcomes. I chose a conservative profession; I now choose a much less conservative approach. There's got to be a way to describe how I feel. Here's some - they can pay me x amount of cash or give me y amount of freedom or authority or autonomy or whatever, and I'm still only satisfied if they do z... I'm willing to give up x and y for z. If they want to keep z and deny it from me, they can find someone else. They can't hurt me if I'm jealous of bums.

424) Out of 423 previous truths I've written, there's no way I haven't recounted the time I was $2,000 short of whatever I needed to pay for at that time when I was 16 and how difficult it was going to be to get through that challenge. Undoubtedly I also recounted how I don't even remember how I got through that situation.

425) It might be coming back. I'd like it back. The aphorisms coming to me constantly, that was the best part of the Golden Age.

426) The most beautiful thing I can do for this world is jump my BMX bike at lunch tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. This was the raw shit I felt in my truck when I 'camped' in a parking lot and scraped the frost off the windows in the morning because the blower motor was broken. When I lived in Colorado, I also thought about platforms for shooting, cleaning and dissembling those platforms and shooting short and long range. Man, the things that center a man. Lookout mountain was another great thrill, rarely did you see anyone on a week day night.

    ReplyDelete