They hired their man, this genius is going to take the company into a new phase of operational and financial success and excellence. His pedigree is beyond amazing and his knowledge puts the rest of us to shame. He has all the answers and is the new guiding light and source of truth and wisdom.
Wait, no, that's not exactly right. I am sure he is the smartest guy there is, I don't doubt that. But that doesn't mean I want to work for him or this dumb company. I'll give the initial impression here: reasonably good and smart east asian colombia grad who achieved moderate success through a progression of jobs at places like microsoft, who cares, and now leaving one crappy startup for another, for a high salary and yet another chief _____ officer title, congratulations to the recruiting firm who are the true winners under this arrangement. I'll say, zero personality, and zero value to the world outside of what he does for money.
My loyalty to this firm is due to my friendship with my staff and some of the other people in the office, I like most of the people there. Many of them will have fine lives and careers, etc. But there is nothing for me here; maybe I wait until my cliff vest and leave, or maybe I forward this post to the attention of the CEO, or maybe I just submit. I don't particularly enjoy spending most of my time away from the job, thinking about how I am going to quit the job.
Not looking for any support, empathy, or anything like that. Just jotting down my thoughts. As always, I'll take my chances and risk what I have for what I might get if I lose this. Plus, I want to snowboard this year. So, I'll put in the notice and offer the consulting deal. That's my only option. Even better if they decline my offer.
I have all these complaints about a problem that would be so easy to fix. I embrace the unknown and might even lie just for fun, like I used to.
Wednesday, October 5, 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment