Have to think, what would I have done on December 31 last year, the last day of 2015, if I knew 2016 would turn out like this?
This morning, 8:04 AM, I see that I missed a message that there would be a great jog at 8:00. I asked for 4 minutes, and in the meantime put on the red sweatshirt and the red shoes. Everything else was black. I put the phone down and ran out the door, doomed from the start with regards to running with the neighbor.
Even at 8:12 AM, it was crisp but perfect for running. Most annoying today were the dogs, but otherwise it all worked. I'm still good at running even with the extra weight. With clothes I'm right at 170, and that't current and true, just weighed myself. No muscle, though, and soft. Still have form and some endurance, though, for example, this evening, I swapped out a pair of shocks on the jeep and rotated the tires, and my upper body feels very noodly.
Just after 9:00 in the morning, I was home, smelly, and checking in at work. Got a job early this year that just fucking blows, nothing about it makes me happy. The people, as many people are, are very decent and young. The job though, as easy or decent as it is, does not satisfy me and I am constantly wondering why I continue to work for this concern.
By noon, we start talking about leaving the house for a bit, and settle on a walk. The stroller finally has a nylon strap just snap off, but I inspect the damage and decide we can still use the stroller. We put the 5-year old on the bike and we head out. Beautiful day, warm, calm, and everyone out on the road is also in a good mood and more importantly we don't see many other people.
At 2:00, I want to try and get on the motorcycle but the machine won't start - certainly a batter level issue, possibly starter solenoid or motor, but I think more likely the battery. I chat with photo buddy ron and we go to a weed dispensary in the classic truck. I get cash out of the ATM first and ron tells the story about the infinity sedan just stopping on wadsworth on christmas eve and the saga after that. Lost FOB, stolen radar detector, etc. Its a sad story and I listen to it through several other otherwise mundane and beautiful moments. We go to the walking raven weed sho and buy some. I get a bunch and he gets the same bunch, just less of it. Easy. retail.
After all that I take the older boy to target and we buy $96 of stuff but no toys, so he is crying in the cart, so I get him candy, and he is still very sad but accepts the gift, then eats 2/3 of it, a kit kat bar. I replace light bulbs, one is still not done. I then go to the garage to make the repairs on the jeep that have been 13 months coming, blown shock. Also I rotated the tires. It was a workout for this noodle Had to lift each corner of the jeep with the lift and had to compress the new shocks a little for so they would fit before attaching them.
We then watched some intense TV while I had beer and wine. I'll either run or work tomorrow. Maybe both. 2017 will definitely be better than 2016.
Tuesday, December 27, 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment