Friday, January 6, 2017

Chapter 17

Tonight, as I wrapped up the day, two strange things happened almost simultaneously. First, Vonne, the account manager, came into my office to ask a question. Normally, she asks me about her accounts or billing or something, but strangely, in the same tone as if it were a more work-related question, she asked me whether she does anything at work that struck me as odd or anti-social. See, the other employees get lunch together or ski together or get hammered together and whatnot, and they rarely think to ask her.

Another weird thing, my staff, Chad, the man, forwarded me a job posting to be the controller of a motorcycle shop. I don't know whether or not I would "like" this job, but it was ironic, I was thinking before, I have all this mental energy and passion for things, and yet I feel dead inside when I think about trying to figure out the calculus of making my current concern be successful. Probably there is less booze on the premises for the employees, being a motorcycle shop.

Earlier, a few days ago, I was invited to participate in a great writing project. I'd consider submitting some older work, as I am still searching for my perspective and my voice in this new reality. Maybe nothing epic has happened to me since the legal debacle of 2010. Certainly I have nothing more than my own perspective, which bores me too. Of course it is winter so there is still a lot of opportunity.

1 comment:

  1. The universe is raw and unshaped and waiting to be be made and explored. The mountains call and ask for climbing and risk and altitufe. Tits.

    ReplyDelete