Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Sharp

Weird shit going down at work again. The engineers have a secret social network where they compare notes and speculate. The office manager got an informal offer to move his job to California. The CFO doesn't have the slightest idea how our accounting works but is starting to try to understand it. The office lunatic "knows" he is getting laid off and is really worried about repaying a signing bonus. My staff is pissed off at customers and fellow employees. He finally understands how big a dipshit and idiot the CFO is after I forwarded an email yesterday.

We're working on chapters of a book that should be a fun read and tell-all about the company. It may never get published, but it was fun to research. We've met up for beers and left the recorder on. We've pulled current and former employees into our office to discuss things. We had an hour long conversation with a former intern who might be the most competent person this company has ever employed.

The office people start drinking beer, spirits, wine, and cocktails around 1:00 PM. The CEO cackles on the phone with who-knows investor or customer. We have no guidance and no idea what we are supposed to be doing, so we just do what we've been doing and not any more. We're going on six full months without a strategy. I'm supposed to keep the business running and humming along, and I am completely in the dark with regards to our strategy.

Our office space is on the market but no one has been told definitively what is happening with the company. Other companies look at the space and apparently are being offered the furniture and computer screens.

Tomorrow, June 1, I'll vest in another 1,354 options to purchase shares of this company. That will put my total at 20,313 shares. I don't know what the shares are worth, but they will definitely cost me $0.19 each. Tomorrow, June 1, I also have an interview with an oil field services company that provides fluid transportation and heating services to various basins around the US. If I get an offer I should probably take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment