Thursday, August 29, 2019

President of the Congo

472) good title / bad country is not something to be desired.

473) The imminent clusterfuck could be seen for a full 30 seconds before it occured. Side by side joggers, a group of old people halfway in the trail, some slow side-by-side joggers coming the other way, and best of all, an older woman oblivious to her surroundings carrying an umbrella (?), with the ironically perfect words on the back "my trail."

474) The lady joggers, when I passed them another 100 feet up the trail, were have a very gossipy conversation about how one mean guy did one mean thing then another mean person did something even meaner in return, inviting other friends to be mean as well. One guy was being a total dick and the other was an asshole. I thought to myself that if someone were trying to tell me that story, I'd stop them and remind them that I don't care about things like that.

475) First lap philosophy is garbage. All the progress comes in the second lap and beyond.

476) They have added fresh gravel to the trail, encouraging it to grow wider and with fewer and less extreme undulations.

No comments:

Post a Comment