Monday, September 2, 2019

Yappy lessons

477) Since self-reinforcing philosophies are garbage....

478) People always talk about "getting out of your comfort zone" and things of that nature as being ideals and I agree. If your comfort zone is a magical landscape, what do you do to escape?

479) My to-do list includes something I thought of when I was high or stoned or something, it says "positivity blah blah blah" and I do want to try and figure out what I meant.

480) Here and there once in a while I find myself with jante leanings; mostly since I think now I want my kids to be special and not me. So I guess that's not yante it just shares something with yante. Similarly just living in north dakota might not mean sisu. Getting from georgetown to idaho springs in 80 minutes might not be fast.

481) It's funny how the things that go slightly wrong, with no harm, can leave a more profound impression than little things that go right. An example, a photo missed on assignment, certainly happens far less often than photos not missed, but have a far larger impact. I remember the touchdown I missed more than the touchdown I didn't miss.

482) What maddens me mostly is when people choose to "not" instead of choosing "to" when it's so easy.


No comments:

Post a Comment