514) It's been nearly 10 years since the coyote and I found each other. I've found this past 10 years to be enjoyable and meaningful, and I'm pleased to have no regrets. Maximin the wise visited this past weekend and we determined that there is still meaning to life.
515) Today as I worked I had an epiphany, one that was then reinforced to an extent I hadn't anticipated. Many on the block were socializing and every time I poked my head out from my frantic Friday night work task, I felt less inclined to join in, in any way. I felt the congregations were irresponsible or maybe dangerous, but more importantly for me, completely irrelevant. I would gain nothing by joining, so I stayed inside and worked.
516) It's not like I was completely anti-social today. I had some words with my curmudgeny buddy before having a quick facetime video happy hour with a badass dude from work. But I kept my head on the mission and cranked through until 8:30 or whatever. By then everyone was going inside and one neighbor said hi as he went in and I came out. I'm glad I did it the way I did.
517) Badass is as badass does. You can't be a badass unless you do badass stuff.
518) After giving into Friday, I spent a half hour outside with a neighbor we'll soon lose to a better place to the north. He previously seemed awkward as a neighbor but I've learned he is actually far more badass than I ever was and it excites me. We've become buddies on the block and I hold hime in high regard as a badass and a good person. My friend and neighbor walt has climbed many mountains in the summer and winter and he and I share the similar childhood finding piles of dirt and making them as important to us as everest.
Friday, May 29, 2020
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment