Friday, December 14, 2012

4130.2012

271) To the companies: go fuck yourselves. Companies act like they own you and can control you and I hope they read this and get angry. Just kidding. Companies are not people and so they can not get angry.

272) This can be written in multiple sittings. Whenever the mood strikes, I can add an aphorism that defines 2012. 

273) I don't have a problem with language. My problem is language.

274)  The little boy woke up hysterical last night, arching his back and crying uncontrollably. We spoke to him and turned on the lights and tried to feed him and tried to awaken him but he did not respond to any of it. we took his diaper off and we held him and tried to sing to him and read to him and none of it worked, he just cried, possessed. He finally found peace and went back to sleep. Today his mother read about night terrors which are real for young children, particularly sleep-deprived or sick children. A parent of a child with night terrors should simply observe and ensure that the child does not hurt himself. The parent should not intervene or say the child's name or try to wake the child. The parent probably shouldn't remove the child's diaper.

275) It is difficult when his nose is constantly running and he is constantly tired and crying and always needs a nap and never wants to take one. But then he falls asleep on your lap and everything is fine again.

276) At Cheba Hut, I overhear a conversation involving rainbow people and spirit warriors. The young woman apologizes to me for "sounding crazy" and I respond that while I don't have the same vernacular, I might believe the same as her. I tell her about being good to people and trading energy, I talk to her about giving and receiving energy from other beings. She greatly enjoys the conversation and she offers me 1,200 shots or "whatever I'm drinking." I, too, got a kick out of the conversation.

277) I'm deeply troubled by many things.

278) We hold dear and defend to any end our belongings, yet we give away without question the only thing of ours that has any value.

We forgo life to chase experiences.

We sacrifice our strength so that we may instead have safety.

279) Today I stumbled across some great wisdom, first, paraphrased by Emerson, said by Napoleon, "history is but a fable we agree upon," and, second, my cousin Bill J. responded to a reader that, the reader must open his mind and cast away his incorrect beliefs and learn from Bill, in order to understand a fact. The reader challenged the fact on a ridiculous basis, that is, his own flawed perception of the way things happen. He believes that "one thing leads to another" because he convinces himself that he has seen this many times before, when in fact it is his simple brain cataloging series of events as 'patterns' when in fact everything occurs 'predictably randomly', and this leads him to believe that he can just "feel" what is going to happen. I'll cut to the chase and just say it, this is not how things happen. Indeed things happen at random, but predictably.

280) I am curious how close to the New Year I'll hold off to publish this series. It is "now" December 14.

281) The man on the gondola was right: Those who have discovered "where" they are comfortable are indeed the "most" comfortable.

282) Will I constantly question my motives and judge the adequacy of my effort? Will I always be disappointed?

283) With the iPad mini, I have adopted a "less is more" attitude and I constantly check the device for more news and flashy photographs. "Before" I would have been doing this on my larger desktop computer.

284) How can movies be so satisfying in their protest of "all of this" (e.g. war, the actions of corporations serving shareholders by chasing profits at all costs) yet we still sit and barely even complain; we simply sit and allow the abuse.

285) The companies "want" us to "want to" share our personal information and receive benefits from them. As tempting as it is to try to engage the enemy in a battle of wits it would be perfectly fruitless and actually have the possible outcome of jailing the person who participated. A man can not defeat a system.

286) I could be convinced that this matters and thus should be shared sooner than later. Or could I? Would I be highly skeptical of anyone who tried to convince me of something like that?

No comments:

Post a Comment