Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Drive

 
This fluffy cloud reached toward the heavens and showed that there is beauty, still. 

I like to be on the road at 7:15. If I get on the road at this time, I should beat some of the masses jamming into Boulder right at 8:00 am. I'll avoid some of the backlog as I pass downtown Denver at 7:21. I'll get my favorite parking spot at 7:56, and I'll be in the office before the 8:00 bell rings, signaling the start of the work day. I'll have about an hour uninterupted by my staff, who arrives at 9:00 am. Perfect amount of time to get something done before the madness.

If my mind would wake up, this would be a good hour to finalize the latest aphorism. Alas, my mind does not wake up most days and I zone in and out of "it" and listen to indy music. 

At the other end of the workday, I like to hang out until about 6. The hour from 5 to 6 is the best time to catch up with other managers about things, contracts, hires, terminations, vendors, executives, and so on. If I hang out till 6, often times the road out of Boulder is fairly clear. On a good day I can be speeding towards Denver, in a non-toll lane, about 12 minutes after I get in my car. Usually, the rap music is going by then and I commiserate with all the great rappers of our time. 

This classic beast proved to me that the others are not all wankers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment