488) The best thing you can do for yourself, at no cost or effort, is to define (i.e. own the definition of, write the definition of) your own success. Nice things are things or experiences where you can't lose, you always win. Then, when you do lose, you actually win cause you learn something new and never do it again.
489) The first time this happened for me was in first grade. I was ripping around on my bike after school on the day of the big dance. I crashed on the gravel and ripped a hole in my knee. I could have just called it and not gone to the dance. But instead, I bandaged my knee, got my fancy clothes on, went to that dance, walked around like frankenstein or someone with no knee, and I danced with the girl I had a crush on. and I still have the scar to prove it along with all the other awesome-story scars.
490) If you pay attention to how you actually FEEL at different points in your day, week, month, whatever, you'll notice that the good feels aren't correlated well with the popular kinds of achievements.
491) Get happy however you want; don't feel bad if it's weird or other people don't get happy about the same thing. Get happy about getting happy. Double down and smile about it. Only try to justify it, if justifying it makes you happy.
492) Fridays are great not for what you actually DO on them (** they can be though**); Fridays are great for the great amount of freedom and unknown they provide for. They are great because you don't know what is going to happen next.
Friday, November 15, 2019
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment