Monday, February 22, 2010

Excuses, i.e. the limitations of the physical human form

From the crowd:

1) My knees can not handle running.
2) My throat hurts in the cold air
3) My gym does not open until 2
4) I need a nap / brrrrrr
5) "Old man leg" / "Hamstring" / "Shin Splints"

And the following, from a singular source:

1) My face will freeze!
2) My eyes water
3) My nose runs
4) The impact feels worse because you're frozen
5) Its slippery out / I have no insurance

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous2/25/2010

    headlamp needs batteries
    haven't bought headlamp
    running group not meeting tonight
    running group meeting too late
    running group is too fast
    running group is too slow
    tendonitis from an ultimate frisbee incident several years ago where I had to guard my ex's new girlfriend and she was a ringer who had competed nationally.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2/26/2010

    I should go work out tonight, but I am way too tired
    should have been a stripper
    I don't know if I have the energy to do it though
    and then I'll be tired all night instead of packing

    ReplyDelete
  3. The national scene. Holy fuck, the fucking national scene. Not quite the international futures trading scene, but one fucking scene nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3/17/2010

    "There are also some things for which it is not enough to state a single cause, but several, of which one, however, is the case. Just as if you were to see the lifeless corpse of a man lying far away, it would be fitting to list all the causes of death in order to make sure that the single cause of this death may be stated. For you would not be able to establish conclusively that he died by the sword or of cold or of illness or perhaps by poison, but we know that there is something of this kind that happened to him."

    -Lucretius

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous3/23/2010

    Nicole: yeh
    I don't really get scared
    I just feel like it's less smart
    I really rarely worry about things like getting attacked. I figure if I believe it will never happen to me, then it won
    't
    but part of that is not being stupid about my actions, either

    ReplyDelete