I felt greed today. I sat in a meeting with the clever businessmen and the people they pay vast sums of money to, today, and I felt envy and a desire to be a part of this machine. I thought about how impressive it would sound to future employers that I had taken part in this racket. At one point today, I desired another chance at my decision to leave this life and lifestyle. The allure of the deal's complexity and the possibility of vast monetary reward overwhelmed me briefly.
-----
I'm poor today. Don't misunderstand this statement; I have things now that I never imagined having. I have a family and a son and a wife with whom I can share everything I ever earn and create. But I'm poor because the people I interact with offer nothing to the world. They are all entirely greedy and so they only act in their own interests. I give everything I have to them and I get nothing in return.
I get more out of my walk to the train, my ride on the train, and the same trip home, than I do from 8 hours a day of interacting with these clever businessmen. Thank goodness for this trip, twice per day, that replenishes the energy that I give to the clever businessmen.
The project is to enjoy the impossible wealth I have. The project is to owe nothing to anyone other than my son and my wife and myself. The project is to give anything, everything, despite owing nothing. Freedom, health, inspiration and commitment conspire to create the impossible wealth.
Thursday, January 5, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The gift, the cooperation of the family is far beyond the greedy hoarding of today's Western economic man. Verily, the family's cooperation, the gift that is given daily between each member of man's first group, that giving and cooperation is the first and only morality.
ReplyDeleteAn economics untempered by the morality of family life, is an economics that produces hoarders, that raises greedy men as models of human life.