Saturday, September 29, 2012
A million mystery stories from porto alegre
If we needed facts about porto alegre, we would have sent the cracked-out "reporter" called sloppy seconds or "Chase" from Durango, and she would have accumulated statistics and we would be able to present these to our readers and they would know more about porto alegre then they had previously.
But if we want to understand porto alegre, we need a reporter who is not afraid to make interpretations and wild-ass guesses, to breath in the city and to "do it wrong" and to give the locals a chance to tell their story and to tell what matters.
I only have 4 minutes before I need to go, but I intent to hash out a few thoughts, first.
An aphorisim that has not yet been written, and is closely related to the aphorism on beliefs equating truth, is the "your interpretations are correct, sir" aphorism. What this means is that I don't have to validate anything about your interpretation of your observations for them to be absolutely correct. You didn't ask me to, and I am affirming them on and all as amazing and accurate and irreverent. You see a horse or donkey pulling a cart, and you don't need me to suggest that perhaps it was a mule, and you don't need "Chase" to tell you what the payload was in those carts.
One more minute.
Man you're on a good trip if your t-shirt comes soaked in nostalgia and erva mate, drank correctly.
Regarding:
brazil,
cerca buga,
maximin,
million stories
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment