263) Do not expect your surroundings to change you. Do not expect great progress in understanding to come simply from doing something scary, new, cool, different, difficult, or otherwise special.
264) Do expect to find many lessons in your surroundings. When you do something different or special, your surroundings SEEM different (indeed they are normal surroundings, but because you are seeing them from a unique special perspective, they do seem different). There are many lessons to be learned on this earth, and the most important ones could be learned anywhere. However, they are sometimes learned more effectively if the surroundings are new.
265) Reserved.
266) Do continue to do the things that you set out to do. At times, simply doing the thing that you set out to do will provide an incredible rush or some happiness or some lesson. But do not be surprised when the rush is from an unexpected source or the happiness or lesson come in an unexpected way from an unexpected source.
267) Do continue to get into bad moods and good moods and all the moods in between. My personal favorite moods are melancholic and nostalgic, for in these moods the most unexpected things occur!
268) Indeed my thoughts are like those or Mr. Emerson, or, I am a moral optimist. It may seem silly but I assure you that it is anything but silly!
269) I do not try to make excuses for the differences between my life and yours. I do not expect you to make excuses to me for the things I do that you do not do, either!
Saturday, October 27, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
How a man carries himself across the land.
ReplyDelete