
Got a new camera. Super small. Old. Scratched up. Cheap. Mailed from Germany. Showed up late. Guy who sent it was in the military over there. Probably has a wife or whatever living there too. Maybe this camera has been used to record them having sex. No, this camera is not for sale.
I like music. I like women. The color yellow symbolizes a current champion (in cycling). I also like coffee. There is a Russian-themed chain of coffee shops in Denver, Called DAZBOG. They offer great coffee, a nice atmosphere, hot baristas and cool baristos, who exceed average. I've coined a new term in my head - I've named almost all others "jantes" implying that they are average, and in fact strive to be average. This shirt was worn by me to a concert, of a local denver band I enjoy, in Ohio, in a small venue. I've only ever asked for autographs one other time (spring training: Jeff Francis, Brian Fuentes, Ian Stewart, Clint Barmes, Choo Freeman, and Ryan Shealy). This set of autographs includes a woman named Mackenzie, who is an artist and a patriot.
On Bicycles: I would be a jante without bicycles. Without chromoly. Without machined aluminum, powder coat paint. Without 1/8 and 3/32 chains. Of the four bicycles I have in my posession, three are chromoly. One is plastic. The plastic bicycle is very efficient. It helps me to strengthen my body and lets me explore places. My mountain bike is a mountain goat in disguise. My two BMX bikes are dreams-come-true. One was built for me by a BMX legend named Rob Rupe. The other was built by another BMX legend, Rick Moliterno. I have never had a bicycle stolen from me, but I have broken frames. One, I broke in half on a failed 360. That was a french race bike, a beautiful blue Sunn. It should not have been involved in such stunts, as a race bike.

There is a place 188 yards from my apartment where young people congregate. The place to watch the game. Sometimes you go there for the tacos, which are perfectly prepared every time. I have never had a bad taco there, and only one taco I ever ordered went uneaten, and this was because I was talking to a most beautiful example.
It is easy to look around this place and see all sorts of examples. The men are like trees in a forest, perhaps blocking your view or inhibiting (slowing, never preventing) your progress. But they are not competitors. They are nothing.
The use of the word "jante" is starting to open out. I am seeing what you are doing with it and appreciate these new applications.
ReplyDeleteThat "jante" is lately being used to describe the most powerful situp crunch known to humans we might take as a form of irony.
I've got such a good feeling about The Golden Age of Denver.
I've owned 3 aluminum mountain bikes. Aluminum alloy tubing should not be used in the construct of a bicycle (perhaps neither should plastic. My plastic bicycle might as well be "compostable," and when it expires, it will be replaced with a chromoly one). The aluminum bikes were all Cannondales (which arguably were decent examples of potential use of aluminum as a frame material. creative and unique). All of my other bicycles were made from either "tri-tensel" steel or the superior alloy, 4130 Chromoly.
ReplyDeleteThis is about the funniest goddamn thing I've ever seen. - Chuck
ReplyDelete