Thursday, May 13, 2010

Opportunity

49) How do things seemingly randomly fall into place as they do? How is one vacated opportunity so immediately replaced with other opportunities? Does this 'information' really get around this quickly? Do the 'winds' carry messages this far this effectively and directly? One should at least consider it possible. One should live their life as if it happens this way. And then it will happen this way.

50) How should experiences and relationships between things be judged? Should they be judged based on society's morality and your and others' preconceptions, or should they be judged based on how they fit into everything else in your life? Should they be judged based on others' reactions and words, immediately, or should judgment happen later, after the impact can be more fully assessed? You were doing one thing that night, when you could have been doing so many other things. You did the thing that you did, and did not do the other things. You are here now. Maybe you wouldn't be.

51) Is every moment in your life an opportunity or are there certain moments that should be recognized and treated as more important than the rest? Certainly we are presented options and opportunities more often than daily but maybe not every minute. Is this true? Is every moment an opportunity to change your experience for the better? Is this road beautiful or ugly? Are you looking forward to something, or are you enjoying the air you are breathing now? Are you regretting something, or are you calm and making this moment matter?

4 comments:

  1. Begin to conduct the epoche. The idea of moment and opportunity will fade, you'll get past the language of it all. The judgements won't make sense either. Epoches can produce some outstanding results. Maybe the only results.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed these aphorisms, all 51 thus far, and in particular these three, are scraps of paper and meaningless babble. They seem to make sense, to some. To others, they might not. More question marks are needed in these aphorisms, for those who are not ignorant and not wise, are searching, investigating, questioning, and indeed coming up with far more questions than answers, and this being an ideal state. It is known, now, just now in fact, that Jenny is indeed free this weekend, which is an opportunity to delay this epoche another day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A true story - I had a date. Saturday, april 24. With a great girl from the past. She had to cancel, I saw the text friday night and was kind of disappointed. Then, on saturday, I thanked Bog or God that she did cancel, for I was not going to make it or be able to contact her. This being the opposite somehow of an "opportunity" but actually exactly what I have written about here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a fine evening. I went on a date. I saw ducks at the park. There was a light rain ans mist. I had a fine meal. Have you fellas ever heard bullfrogs in the dark? The Venutians, you see, man they seem to control it all, don't they? What about a BMX ramp from the fifth floor? Or my 7th floor? Fuck that would be awesome. Out of Jameson. I am full of healthy confusion.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iKyPMXQb5o

    So, there is an evening so make meaning of. I defer to Dr. Chrome who said some moments lie in the head to affect the world later. One doesn't need to write about everything.

    ReplyDelete