Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Native American Folklore feature tale: The Coyote

The coyote uses many tricks, to the point that you feel like the tricks may be yours (a trick in itself). 12 hours later, you know you've been duped.

1) Even if the date location is right by your place, offer to drive across town to pick her up to avoid unnecessary logistical headaches - her response to this offer should be something like: "I'll be on my front porch drinking a glass of wine"

2) Get yourself invited into her place before you leave your date location - this should sound something like "I have a bottle of jameson and plenty of wine back at my place"

3) Sit on her porch and express interest, but do not attack - she might say something like "I'll show you how I like to kiss"

3) Vaguely suggest that it is her bedtime and you will see her to sleep - she should respond somewhat like "you are completely welcome to stay but I am going to get up early and work out"

4) When the clock says its time to go work out, offer an alternative - she might say something like "mmmmm mmmmm mmmmm"

Now who actually got exactly what they wanted? Certainly the coyote did.

1 comment:

  1. Henry David Thoreau happily labored as farmer, gardener, house painter, carpenter, mason, surveyor, pencil maker, day laborer, schoolmaster, lecturer, naturalist-and, when he had time, writer.

    ReplyDelete